This is a message from a local flower shop outside of country town, Dunbarton, New Hampshire and it is such an important message! We hear it all the time but it’s true! Water is necessary for all metabolic functions and body processes to work properly. I like to start my day off with a cup of water before eating or drinking anything else. It’s a fantastic way to wake up your body and mind and flush out your system. Lemon water is also a wonderful way to boost metabolic function and wake up. Some tips to keep you on track:
1. Drink a glass of water before each meal. This guarantees three cups of water right off the bat.
2. Carry around a water bottle wherever you go and always be sipping on it. Keep filling it throughout the day. I get made fun of all the time for being so attached to my water bottle but hey, whatever.
3. Remember that certain drinks dehydrate you so you need to drink extra water to counterbalance the effects of these drinks. They include alcoholic drinks and caffeinated beverages like coffee.
4. Your urine should not be yellow (despite contrary belief!). The lighter it is, the more hydrated you are.
5. If you’re a person who doesn’t like drinking water, try infused water! Infused water has countless physiological benefits. Different combinations are beneficial for different aspects of health. For example citrus fruits & mint helps mitigate bloating; watermelon water before a workout can help reduce soreness the next day; raspberries and sage helps promote relaxation; citrus & ginger aids in preventing nausea.