Fruit is Mother Nature’s homemade dessert! It’s not uncommon to crave sweets, especially after dinner. Listen to your body; there’s a reason your body is calling for sugar. Below are some simple ideas to sweeten up your day, naturally:
- with blueberries or bananas and cocoa nibs
- with apple slices, sunflower seed butter, cinnamon, and coconut oil (my personal favorite way to eat oatmeal)
- with dried unsweetened banana chips, vegan chocolate chips, chia seeds
- with banana slices, cashew butter, and cinnamon
- Mash up some bananas and freeze them. Maybe add some cocoa nibs, shredded coconut and/or cinnamon for added flavor.
- Excellent on-the-go snacks
- I use dates are a natural energy boost on long runs
- Basically thick smoothies (consistency of ice-cream) with loads of toppings (granola, chia or flax seeds, slivered almonds, shredded coconut)
- You can make your own by blending acai (using smoothie packs for instance) and mixing in frozen fruit. Then add a little bit of liquid such as soy or almond milk.
Frozen fruit provides some variety
- Frozen mango chunks are my favorite!
- Put your fruit(s) of choice & a little bit of juice in a popsicle tray and freeze
Strawberries with whipped coconut cream
Apple slices with honey and/or a nut butter, coconut oil, and cinnamon
Fruit smoothie topped with shredded unsweetened coconut
There are countless ways to satisfy your cravings without putting unnatural products into your body!
A lifestyle blog about veganism, mood swings, & other chatter.